CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Absurd and Telling: [accidental?] Hard Covers Diptychs

On my way back from New York, I really should have been doing my Asian American Studies readings, but these airport bookstores were dripping with exquisitely absurd book displays- creating hilarious but disturbing diptychs of American pop culture, religion and politics.
I think that how the books are placed together are extremely telling of how Americans consume and organize information. Sh*t my Dad would read..
Eh, whatever. It's our fault for selling ourselves for free.
Pray that he learns to tell you himself?
The End is near.

I encourage all of you to keep a critical eye at your local bookstore for these ridiculous combinations. Until next time...

0 comments: